Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Difference

        It has recently come to my attention that I am the only grandchild from my maternal line that has yet to be married or have children. That kind of leaves me in awe and with the question of "How did that happen?". Not to assume that I haven't had a decent set of suitors but, I've just never decided "Yep, this is the one, no ands, ifs or buts about it. Let's do it all."

      While reading for my History on American Law class I stumbled upon an excerpt that stopped me. The author Lawrence M. Friedman, while speaking of the importance of groups and their effect on American legislation and the economy, said "A group or association has two aspects: It defines some people in, and it defines some people out. People joined groups not simply for mutual help, but to exclude, to define an enemy, to make common cause against outsiders." (Friedman, p. 254-255)

    So when did it happen? My exclusion from this insanely involved lifestyle.

My answer to that: "Does it even matter? And of course it doesn't!"
 
     
  There are some females out there who live by a somewhat structured time line. Granted there are those who don't and there are many variations, but few (so few!) go out there and become boss ladies. My opinion of being a "Boss lady" is the likes of Oprah, Sheryl Sandberg and other powerful women in the business industry, political fronts, education, health, advocacy & non-profits, media, the list can go on, and on.
 
    So today girls, ladies, women! Go get it! Get it all! And DO NOT allow yourselves to be limited by the likes, or views, words, what have you another individual. And with that I will leave you with the words of Beyoncé from her track Flawless.
 
 
 
 
                             Because you had better believe it gorgeous. You are FLAWLESS.
 

 
 

 


        

2 comments: