Friday, May 30, 2014

Brain Food

Below are listed some quotes that I've come across that have either struck an emotional chord in myself or are simply something to think about. All commentary is welcomed.


“By referring to previous struggles and using them as reasons for not getting on with your life today, you’re assigning responsibility to the past for why you can’t be successful or happy in the present.”Wayne Dyer

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~ Mother Teresa


There are so many wonderful things hidden inside each and every one of us but we don't know it. We aren't aware of all the treasures that are inside of us waiting to be discovered. And many of us will never know it simply because we spend too much time in our minds and very little time in our hearts.                                      ~Luminita, The Purpose Fairy


The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. 
~ Elizabeth Kubler - Ross
 
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
~ Carl G. Gustav
“I am grateful to have been loved and to be loved now and to be able to love, because that liberates. Love liberates. It doesn’t just hold—that’s ego. Love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says, ‘I love you. I love you if you’re in China. I love you if you’re across town. I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you. I’d like to have your arms around me. I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now, so I love you. Go.’” ~ Dr. Maya Angelou 

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
                                          ~Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching



“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

 
 
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.
~Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth
 
 
A man who in unconscious of himself acts in a blind, instinctive way and is in addition fooled by all the illusions that arise when he sees everything that he is not conscious of in himself coming to meet him from outside as projections upon his neighbor.
~ Carl G. Jung, The Philosophical Tree
 



 
If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.  ~Joseph Campbell
 
“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” ~ Anthony Robbins
 
“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment